Epic

Post by Rhonda »

8 for me
Ron
Last Watched : Angels Of Death
mariocki
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by mariocki »

Best of the 'overseas' episodes for me and one that stands out from viewing on initial broadcast in 1977.
"No ma'm, I'm a Texan."
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

The second best overseas episode, after Forward base. Complex is good, but doesn't quite live up to Killer which it is clearly influenced by. Rich.
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

This was a really bizarre one for me. I could accept the rats and metal men but a killer building is a bit more than I can handle. Gambit had some good parts getting thrown into jail. :lol:
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

anti-clockwise wrote:This was a really bizarre one for me. I could accept the rats and metal men but a killer building is a bit more than I can handle. Gambit had some good parts getting thrown into jail. :lol:
The killer building premise was well-loved in Avengerland--Complex puts a spin on what had already gone before in The House that Jack Built and Killer, though it's not quite up to the level of either. Not terrible, just a middle of the road effort. I do get a giggle out of the cop telling Gambit that if he dressed more like Steed, he'd believe he was a spy. There's a great reaction from Steed in the foreground where you can tell he's trying to work out whether that's meant to be a compliment or not. :lol:

I actually had the opportunity to go and visit the killer building a few weeks back. When I have more time to post properly, I'll tell you about it. :wink:
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
anti-clockwise

Post by anti-clockwise »

The killer building. how cool. please do tell. And where is it in Canada Timeless? I hope you didn't go inside. Or if you did, you brought a match.
anti-clockwise

Post by anti-clockwise »

The killer building. how cool. please do tell. And where is it in Canada Timeless? I hope you didn't go inside. Or if you did, you brought a match.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

anti-clockwise wrote:The killer building. how cool. please do tell. And where is it in Canada Timeless? I hope you didn't go inside. Or if you did, you brought a match.
It's in Toronto, the heart of Canadian Avengerland. I took pictures. 8) I'll post about it when I have more time, but I'm still alive, so obviously I didn't go inside. :wink:

Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
anti-clockwise wrote:The killer building. how cool. please do tell. And where is it in Canada Timeless? I hope you didn't go inside. Or if you did, you brought a match.
It's in Toronto, the heart of Canadian Avengerland. I took pictures. 8) I'll post about it when I have more time, but I'm still alive, so obviously I didn't go inside. :wink:
Been awhile since I wrote this post, I know, but things have been crazy, and I've only just gotten a chance to download the photos. 8)

Anyway, back in September I was lucky enough to go on a (very) quick jaunt to Canadian Avengerland a.k.a. Toronto to see the David Bowie Is exhibition at the Art Gallery of Ontario (now finished and moving on to its next stop, alas). Having spent the morning gawking at everything from Bowie's Ashes to Ashes Pierrot costume to his cocaine spoon (apparently there actually is such a thing as cocaine spoons. Who knew?), I decided to toddle over and visit the killer building from Complex. It's only a few blocks away from the AGO on Dundas to the building on University Ave, so it was an easy walk (so there was a nice critical mass of the seventies in there :wink: ).

The Complex building is at 393 University, and was supposed to be doubling for Canadian intelligence, though it's always been an office building. Nowadays it houses sinister organisations such as Manulife Financial and the Canadian Breast Cancer Association. :lol: It looks roughly the same, enough to be recognisable. I hardly ever get to visit Avengers locations, so this was fun. I looked up at the windows, but didn't see anyone getting dumped out just before they could reveal the identity of Scapina. :wink: I thought I'd share a couple of pictures in case anyone wants to know what it looks like nowadays.