Epic

Post by Rhonda »

6 for me
Ron
Last Watched : Angels Of Death
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

Hostage had it's moments. I was not wild about Gambit's lack of participation here. Made to look weaker than Steed. But there were nice touches as always. Gambit asking to be invited over to Purdy's mums house was quite a nice touch when he discovers Purdey is really missing.
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
NickP
Little Wonder

Post by NickP »

I thought this had a decent enough pace to keep it interesting but the end was sudden and weak.

I don't mind the occasional glimpse of the team's HQ but I felt there was too much here. On balance I think I prefer the mystery of Steed's employer that the original series maintained. And what is it with the chiefs with slight disablements? A few programmes back it was Ronald Leigh-Hunt with an eye patch, now we have William Franklin with a limp.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

NickP wrote:7.

I thought this had a decent enough pace to keep it interesting but the end was sudden and weak.

I don't mind the occasional glimpse of the team's HQ but I felt there was too much here. On balance I think I prefer the mystery of Steed's employer that the original series maintained. And what is it with the chiefs with slight disablements? A few programmes back it was Ronald Leigh-Hunt with an eye patch, now we have William Franklin with a limp.
Presumably the reasoning is that they were all agents who can't serve in the field now because of their injuries. All the ones that are still able-bodied are avoiding the desk jobs, like Steed!
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
NickP
Little Wonder

Post by NickP »

Timeless A-Peel wrote: Presumably the reasoning is that they were all agents who can't serve in the field now because of their injuries. All the ones that are still able-bodied are avoiding the desk jobs, like Steed!
Good point, I'm sure you're right.
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

NickP wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote: Presumably the reasoning is that they were all agents who can't serve in the field now because of their injuries. All the ones that are still able-bodied are avoiding the desk jobs, like Steed!
Good point, I'm sure you're right.
I thought the same thing. Even about the villains. I guess it makes them more interesting and diverse. But in reality, I doubt anyone with limps ans in wheelchairs is going to run the agency nor be the diabolical master mind.
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

5/10

Whilst it has its moments, it feels very tired and a bit like a left over series 1 episode that they forgot to broadcast what with the old appartments/houses. I wish they'd made more of the abandoned fairground as that could have allowed for some creepy sequences.
shaunodan
Winged Avenger

Post by shaunodan »

Purdey impresses...running down the stairs at start...busy lady; look she throws before tackling THREE adversaries at her place; and about to step in to save a struggling Gambit from the adversary who had chloroformed her ...; and finally squaring it away with Suzy for Steed ... MATCHLESS :lol:
Watch the couch scene...Purdey certainly moves even though she's out cold...between takes 8) Hadn't realised Purdey had such really skinny Legs until she is being lifted into the coffin and her knee-high boots slide down them !
Lhbizness

Post by Lhbizness »

I quite like this one for the relationship between the characters, even if it's pretty much a repeat of earlier plots. As I watch these episodes mostly for Steed, he's most enjoyable here, being a badass without even trying.

Gambit: Do you realize you and I have never faced each other.
Steed: You're too young to die, Gambit. Besides, I never fight fair.

He doesn't either.