6%
No votes
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 16

Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

I think it has a lot of film references, which is fine for Clemens and film buffs, but they mostly went over my head.
Last watched: "Mandrake"
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Ian Wegg wrote:I had to scroll right to the end of the list to find this thread, over 5 years since the last contribution.

I didn't enjoy this as much as everyone else seems to have done. On the plus side, atmospheric locations and good direction. I was prepared for a "slow burner", it's nice for a change, but I found it just too slow and ultimately disappointing.

By no means the worst episode but, for me, not one of the best.

7/10

I just got done re watching this episode...as it's been an while, since I last saw it...funny, for some reason, I haven't re visited the Tara episodes, as much as I should...unlike Honor and Diana's tenure....and I would certainly agree with not being the worst Tara..but somewhere in the middle...episode / story wise
Lee
Little Wonder

Post by Lee »

I've given this a 7.

When I first saw this on video a few years ago, I didn't really take to it. Again, another story where our heroes are the reason for the story and not involved with the plot, avenging what has happened.

I think the burn is too long to the main action - I appreciate the slight Wild West undertone, but there is too much preparation and not enough action. Tara's visiting of Steed's fellow invalids the enlist there help is more a pastiche of the different reactions concentrated in a single view point for each other them. Slightly uncomfortable with the diplomat who wishes to push himself into Tara's affections - again, did he really think this was going to happen?

The score reflects the genre of the Wild West well, but I feel Mother was surpass to requirements in this story,simply pushing the narrative along without having to have Steed or Tara explain to each other what was happening.

I enjoyed it more than previous watches, but not one of my go-to stories from this season.
You really must have a word with that cleaning lady....