Avengers Books

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

Dandy,
I think you may be right. I did see a copy for sale at a memorabilia show. The artwork wasn't brilliant I have to say. It was on sale for £80! :? I didn't buy it. Rich.
Cybernowt
Have Fingers... Will Type!

Post by Cybernowt »

cyberrich wrote: In The Avengers Files (A. Pixley) he has listed a publication called The Avengers by Mick Anglo (1966). I've never heard of this one. Does anyone have it and what do you think?
It sounds like this one..

http://wingedavenger.theavengers.tv/com ... porter.htm
Cybernowt

Post by Cybernowt »

Another newly compiled TV Comic Avengers strip is now on 'The Forget Me Notes' site. Steed and Tara and The Colonel's Last Day.

http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/The-Forget-Me-Notes/
Cybernowt

Post by Cybernowt »

And another newly compiled Steed & Mrs Peel TV Comic strip 'Alpha 1' at 'The Forget Me Notes' site.

http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/The-Forget-Me-Notes/
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Spotted this on eBay. Seems to be a rejected cover from a 1966 or 1967 Avengers Annual.

I can see why they rejected it; the ugly pic of Emma and poorly executed 'Avengers' logo.

Still of historical interest nonetheless.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:Spotted this on eBay. Seems to be a rejected cover from a 1966 or 1967 Avengers Annual.

I can see why they rejected it; the ugly pic of Emma and poorly executed 'Avengers' logo.

Still of historical interest nonetheless.
I have one of these. It was indeed a rejected annual cover, and the artist may a limited number of reproductions. Steed's not too bad. Emma looks more like Cathy--actually, I've sort of started pretending it's supposed to be Cathy when I look at it. :lol:
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Interesting! Another entry in the Avengers bad-art gallery.
Last watched: "Mandrake"
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Fascinating. An interesting 'what if' but not the best executed Avengers art we're ever likely to see. I'm with Timeless. That's Cathy, not Emma!
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Alan wrote:Fascinating. An interesting 'what if' but not the best executed Avengers art we're ever likely to see. I'm with Timeless. That's Cathy, not Emma!
Her hair even looks closer to blonde than auburn to me. Perhaps the artist was an ardent Cathy fan and thought she ought to be on the cover? :lol:
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

Just bought a French Avengers book off ebay. Called Chapeau melon et bottes du cuir by Didier Liardet (not the one that was reissued as Avengers Companion), published in 1998. Can't read it of course, but there's 160 photos, a lot of the usual ones, but quite a few rare ones. Has anyone got the later edition of this which had more pages and 150 extra photos. If you have, are there any rare photos among the extra ones :?: Thanks Rich.