Unstoppable cards: very big weighty Honor Blackman book

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

denis rigg wrote:This has been scheduled many times for different events over the past years - it was last announced for an unspecified date for December. I think that Piers' opinion looks the most realistic - although there are no production problems, the company's approach to business definitely puts on the alert the various people with whom the company worked and tried to collaborate. They may be trying to resolve some issues regarding the licensing of this or that material intended for the book and the company may have already lost a part. To acquire, they must invest part of the money - but in this case the book will cost even more (which means that the circulation must be increased, which would contradict their statement that the book would be a limited edition - an obvious deception). Perhaps the main problem is that the company has already informed us that this book will supposedly be fully licensed and if we find out that this is not the case, it is actually the end for the company for such a big lie. Apparently they are afraid of this and it seems easier not to publish this book at all than to risk their status with the release of a semi-licensed book.

Umm, I agree, It is likely that the company no longer exists. In any case, the silence of the person behind this company is not good. There are people willing to wait for years for and they should know.

I rarely complain — but I’m like Piers fundamentally disillusioned with Unstoppable.

so in your opinion, will it truly ever get to see the light of day, and a ' limited ' release ? or due to sheer production costs, licensing fees, etc..it never gets released, and ends up being a curious foot note in Avengers history ?
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Umm, there are clearly some problems. Today I feel more and more that the company either trying to get out of a predictable "bankruptcy" or it no longer exists. This is already a very long pause.
Denis
James C McFetridge
Nutshell

Post by James C McFetridge »

denis rigg wrote:Umm, there are clearly some problems. Today I feel more and more that the company either trying to get out of a predictable "bankruptcy" or it no longer exists. This is already a very long pause.
This seems to be how the company operates - long periods of silent, then a flurry of activity, then long periods of silence again. The only thing that's unusual this time is that the Avengers book was heavily promoted in Oct/Nov, then removed without any explanation at the last minute. I think the book will still see the light of day, but no idea when.
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

James C McFetridge wrote:
denis rigg wrote:Umm, there are clearly some problems. Today I feel more and more that the company either trying to get out of a predictable "bankruptcy" or it no longer exists. This is already a very long pause.
This seems to be how the company operates - long periods of silent, then a flurry of activity, then long periods of silence again. The only thing that's unusual this time is that the Avengers book was heavily promoted in Oct/Nov, then removed without any explanation at the last minute. I think the book will still see the light of day, but no idea when.
You're right, James, there were long pauses for the company before without any explanation, although not at such a point when some important item was promised with negotiations were already underway with potential clients to interest them. This time the Unstoppable exceeded all expectations. Disappear after repeated promises to people on Facebook that it will be in December (there were several transfers in December, but it was still promised that this release will be in the same month - even I believed this time and made a publication on Steedumbrella). A very mysterious disappearance - although I would not be surprised if, for example, the company appears in February, and, as if nothing had happened, will continue to work completely ignoring this pause.
And can just as easily imagine the following:
Question to the company:
- Is the release of the book about Honor Blackman still up-to-date or is there a problem with it?
Company:
- Of course, we still keep this in the foreground, since the interests of our clients are the main thing that we care about. :D What did you think we forgot about it? :wink: We are already at the very end of the end of the very last stage of preparation of this book :wink: - we are ready to release it at any time :wink: ... just a little thing - we have to talk with the contractors on one little nuance. :wink: This is a matter of seconds. :wink:
Moreover, soon we will announce a lot of surprises for you. For now, we can say the following that the book with Honor Blackman will be even larger, heavier, more rare pictures, and a lower price. :P Trust in us - we do not disappoint our clients. We need time - we're sure you understand why.
With Love from Unstoppable.
Denis
Ian Wegg
Winged Avenger

Post by Ian Wegg »

I don't like to be a doom monger but I'm afraid the story told in this thread is all too familiar. Countless times over the years I have been disappointed by a promised book or disc that failed to materialise, losing money more than once.

Last year, having been let down by a well-known organisation that I thought I could trust, I resolved that I would never subscribe, crowd-fund or pre-order anything again.

I do hope this book eventually sees the light of day but I shall only be taking an interest when Amazon say they have it in stock.
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

Ian Wegg wrote:I don't like to be a doom monger but I'm afraid the story told in this thread is all too familiar. Countless times over the years I have been disappointed by a promised book or disc that failed to materialise, losing money more than once.

Last year, having been let down by a well-known organisation that I thought I could trust, I resolved that I would never subscribe, crowd-fund or pre-order anything again.

I do hope this book eventually sees the light of day but I shall only be taking an interest when Amazon say they have it in stock.
hear! hear ! I couldn't have stated it any better...In STOCK, indeed...
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Indeed, it is better to trust the source when you see the item of interest already in stock. It looks like if the book about Honor does come out, then it will be at a time when already only few really will wait for.
Denis
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

denis rigg wrote:Indeed, it is better to trust the source when you see the item of interest already in stock. It looks like if the book about Honor does come out, then it will be at a time when already only few really will wait for.
if that's the case, depending on the production run and overall costs, they could be taking a huge bath......if it goes to press, I'll buy one...
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

denis rigg wrote: - Of course, we still keep this in the foreground, since the interests of our clients are the main thing that we care about. :D What did you think we forgot about it? :wink: We are already at the very end of the end of the very last stage of preparation of this book :wink: - we are ready to release it at any time :wink: ... just a little thing - we have to talk with the contractors on one little nuance. :wink: This is a matter of seconds. :wink:
Moreover, soon we will announce a lot of surprises for you. For now, we can say the following that the book with Honor Blackman will be even larger, heavier, more rare pictures, and a lower price. :P Trust in us - we do not disappoint our clients. We need time - we're sure you understand why.
With Love from Unstoppable.
Maybe they should change their name... to "Stoppable".
Last watched: "Build a Better Mousetrap"
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Frankymole wrote:Maybe they should change their name... to "Stoppable".
This sounds more appropriate. The company had to come up with a better name initially. :wink:
Denis