The Complete Avengers: 50th Anniversary Edition (39 Discs)

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

NickP
Little Wonder

Post by NickP »

anti-clockwise wrote:this is looney. It just went down to 149.99 GBP.
I haven't been keeping track of prices but right now it's GBP 124.61 on Amazon. Even cheaper on play.com though at GBP 105.00.

Is this a good deal?
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

You're right Nick. It seems to be fluctuating rapidly. Wonder what the heck is going on? For so long the price was very stable.
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
Macfly77
Thingumajig

Post by Macfly77 »

The price is fluctuating because the set is not sold by Amazon, but by third-party sellers who often only have one set to sell.
At this time, you can buy it for prices ranging from £119.99 (+ £1.26 UK delivery) to £350.00 (+ £1.26 UK delivery)!
The seller with the £350.00 set is the wonderfully named "5% OFF DISPLAYED ITEM PRICE! DISCOUNT APPLIED AT CHECKOUT *100% RATED SELLER - BUY WITH CONFIDENCE*".
mariocki
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by mariocki »

If Amazon don't have stock then others will chance their arm by setting a ridiculous price in the hope that someone will fall for it. £105 is about right at the moment but personally I'd wait for it to drop below £100. I'm holding out for a Blu-ray (yes, I know Ill be waiting for a long time) anyway so I'm happy with my old Contender sets in the meantime.
"No ma'm, I'm a Texan."
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

mariocki wrote:If Amazon don't have stock then others will chance their arm by setting a ridiculous price in the hope that someone will fall for it. £105 is about right at the moment but personally I'd wait for it to drop below £100. I'm holding out for a Blu-ray (yes, I know Ill be waiting for a long time) anyway so I'm happy with my old Contender sets in the meantime.

crap shoot in finding and getting one..at an decent price..I wish they would come out with a decent official release especially on blu-ray, and it did not cost one an arm or leg.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

New packaging Region 2 version released, instead of the "book" set: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Avengers-Comple ... collection
Last watched: "Build a Better Mousetrap"
Lhbizness

Post by Lhbizness »

Damn, it is still so expensive there's no way I can justify it.
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

It went down to £105 instead of £144 at one point, so when they get more stock in it may fluctuate. It's one of those variable sets that require frequent price checking, unfortunately.

Or put it on the birthday present list... I should've tried that (but I had to buy my own present)!
mariocki
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by mariocki »

I notice that the new set is £144 but the old one is £116.
"No ma'm, I'm a Texan."
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

That's because it's newer :)