Tunnel of Fear 'Home Entertainment' Release Date 15 Jan 2018

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

A German release is also in the works:
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07B14J24N
modrevolve
Nutshell

Post by modrevolve »

I haven't checked in much in the past few years. Very excited to see another episode from Series 1 has been discovered. Placed my order for the new dvd as well as the Series 2 DVD set since I'm guessing we will never see them on blu-ray.
mrspeel01
Thingumajig

Post by mrspeel01 »

What i think might happen eventually, sometime in the future is the non-filmed eps. being put on blu ray, spread over 3 discs, 8-9 eps on each disc!. (This is how season 5 was presented on US blu ray).

This is certainly not ideal but I have seen similar done on other "cult/classic series" such as Gerry Anderson's "UFO" & "Space 1999". 8-9 SD eps per disc. I believe these were German releases. The reasoning is presumably that fans would buy the blu ray as it would be cheaply priced and take up less shelf-space than previous DVD releases. Though the bit-rates are inevitably small and quality obviously poor compared to the (higher priced) restored HD blu rays.

Putting more non-filmed Avengers eps on a blu ray disc might not be so bad as a single disc can hold large SD material more easily.

The BBC has already done this with (new) Doctor Who series 1-4, which was shot in SD. Upscaling work was done to improve pic&sound quality with 4-5 eps per disc. I have these and they def. look better than the DVDs, but for those with a decent upscaling blu ray player might not be considered worth it.

As Avengers doesn't have the same fanbase a similar blu ray of non-filmed eps might not get a future release- perhaps not in UK but maybe in US or Europe at some point.(?)
Rhonda
Epic

Post by Rhonda »

Ordered at an HMV shop (and no postage!)
Ron
Last Watched : Small Game for Big Hunters
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

Amazon have shipped my DVD!!

Bit early but HURRAY!!!! 8) 8) :D :D
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Darren wrote:Amazon have shipped my DVD!!

Bit early but HURRAY!!!! 8) 8) :D :D
Umm, maybe you get this bit earlier than the official release, too. :)
If so, I'll be posting some additional information for the premiere release date on Steedumbrella. :wink:
Denis
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Over the past few days, there have been several interesting reviews about DVD edition of episode Tunnel of Fear. :)

Just now I came across a very detailed from Frank Collins (with a dozen pics from the episode):

https://www.framerated.co.uk/the-avenge ... l-of-fear/
Denis
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Bit of intrigue, the screenshots of the British edition's DVD menu already can be found on Internet.

Denis
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

I took a quick look at the various resources regarding the British DVD release of the episode - on moment, there is one important point:

The script PDFs are missing
Denis
Sam
Winged Avenger

Post by Sam »

Mine was sent out on Saturday!