Fan fiction

The Avengers radio plays, the stage play, the movie, the novelizations, comics and other official fictional Avenger forms have their own section here.
Charlie Parker
Little Wonder

Post by Charlie Parker »

I did start on a Steed/ Dr. King story, but my hard drive crashed so I'll have to restart it. The basis is that Steed has gone on holiday in Scotland and has disappeared after doing a spot of fishing in Loch Ness, so Dr. King comes up to investigate and try to dispell the theopry that he's been eaten by the monster.
Mona
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Mona »

Probably one of the most extensive fanfic collections is at this website is run by Patty at:

http://pattypatwebdesign.net/library/av_library.html

I admit that all my fanfiction stories are there, as well as Judith's (Joodiff), Biff, Irma, Karmyn, Damita, Kathryn, and numerous other women who belonged to "The Avengers Fan Fiction Circle" around 1998-2002. Probably most or all might already know about this site, but it seems so far the discussion here has been on TNA and Purdey/Gambit--which is nice, as that seems popular--but, if others have different fanfic interests, as some others of us do, this is a great site to peruse.

There is some TNA timeline fiction at the website, but mostly all directed to Steed and Emma getting back together or their relationship during those years.

Mona
Fan of John Steed
Agent, Esquire, Hunk
kim
The Ministry

Post by kim »

Mona wrote:Probably one of the most extensive fanfic collections is at this website is run by Patty at:

http://pattypatwebdesign.net/library/av_library.html

I admit that all my fanfiction stories are there, as well as Judith's (Joodiff), Biff, Irma, Karmyn, Damita, Kathryn, and numerous other women who belonged to "The Avengers Fan Fiction Circle" around 1998-2002. Probably most or all might already know about this site, but it seems so far the discussion here has been on TNA and Purdey/Gambit--which is nice, as that seems popular--but, if others have different fanfic interests, as some others of us do, this is a great site to peruse.

There is some TNA timeline fiction at the website, but mostly all directed to Steed and Emma getting back together or their relationship during those years.

Mona
Please be warned, much of the material on Patty's site is sexually graphic.
Every parent has a favorite child. Usually the child belongs to the neighbors.
Mona

Post by Mona »

Well, be warned or be welcomed, depending on your point of view. ;-)

The Adult Material is clearly labelled as such in a separate category and the website does request folks state they are over 18 to read it.

There is equally as much non-Adult material, as well!

Mona
Fan of John Steed
Agent, Esquire, Hunk
kim
The Ministry

Post by kim »

Mona wrote:
Well, be warned or be welcomed, depending on your point of view. ;-)

The Adult Material is clearly labelled as such in a separate category and the website does request folks state they are over 18 to read it.

There is equally as much non-Adult material, as well!

Mona
Most certainly. And if I remember correctly (it's been a long time since I've visited) there are even a couple of stories that have both a heavy R rating and a PG rating posting. So if you don't like graphic material, you might be able to find the same story in an edited version.
Every parent has a favorite child. Usually the child belongs to the neighbors.
Mona

Post by Mona »

Most certainly. And if I remember correctly (it's been a long time since I've visited) there are even a couple of stories that have both a heavy R rating and a PG rating posting. So if you don't like graphic material, you might be able to find the same story in an edited version.
Kim, there could even be considered X-rated material, given various sex scenes. Thus, clearly marked as "ADULT" material. I imagine the majority of Avenger fans are adults, who have seen thousands of scenes of graphic violence on TV and in movies, and have already seen movies or read sex scenes in other books. Or, had sex! ;-))) It's all over society and yes, in some Avenger fanfics.

Steed (and others) suffered through violence previous to the episodes we saw, (such as Steed being shot three times and having a fractured leg going over the Berlin wall the first time--not fun!), and in them, and Steed was an overt womanizer, so in reality The Avengers is not just about a couple of partners being witty all the time. There is much more depth and complexity to the personalities of the main characters, if one wishes to delve into their psychology, and the agent biz does contain violence at times. The Avengers may decide to overall remove the bruising and blood, but even the canonical show contained violence and deaths all over the place. MANY folks also believe in SEDDI, so adding sex into stories at times is fun if well done; you can always skip those pages if it's not your bag. (Most are not edited with those pages removed). Plus, also, many fanfic writers enjoy the hurt/comfort theme and employ it regularly, including Avenger authors. I believe occasional graphic parts of stories actually fits the idea of The Avengers quite as well as does bowlers, brollies, and banter, but absolutely agree with you Kim, that if it is not acceptable to any individual, they should indeed avoid those Adult Material tales or those particular pages.

I like stories myself with some juice in them over stories where there is just a light-hearted bantering going on all the time as the case is investigated. Thus, it's good we've been blessed with so many authors and so many different stories out there, including PattyPat's great library, so everyone can pick and choose.

Mona
Fan of John Steed
Agent, Esquire, Hunk
oneknightsteed
Little Wonder

Post by oneknightsteed »

To each his own, as they say. For many fans of any series, fanfiction is a way to enhance a personal fantasy of favorite characters. Which of course gives many of us that leap into the graphic, whether sexual or violent.

I share Mona's enthusiasm for Steedophile stories that explore a deeper side of the man. But, I certainly appreciate Ian and Bitshifters stories. They are more true to the episode style story lines, with the sexual innuendo and lightheartedness that made 'The Avengers' such fun.

There are so many wonderful stories featured on fanfiction.net, as well as the Avengers Library site by Pattypat, that offer something for all tastes. I applaud all those who have made the great effort to write these stories and share them with us. Thanks to you all!

FYI: many stories on The Avengers Library site are no longer linked. :( Sadly, Joodifs are included in these. She had been redesigning her site but went off the grid. If you click on her stories, you will link to Joodif.com, but it seems to be a business connect.
believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if i have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
-buddha