Steed and Mrs Peel - comic book

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Dandy Forsdyke wrote:The likeness to Diana Rigg is getting better all the time, but um, where's our Steed? :shock:
On vacation? :wink: Clearly they see Emma as the draw, but his absence is quite noticeable. I like Emma a lot, too, but it is a bit strange to have a book called "Steed and Mrs. Peel" and never see much of Steed on the cover.
If Emma paired up with Tara, I wouldn't complain. But can't they work Purdey in somewhere?

Steed looks fine on http://www.boom-studios.com/the-boom-st ... -0-03.html

and even more so on http://www.boom-studios.com/steed-and-m ... 1-tpb.html though Emma is rather, er, "Testosterone Brigade Favourite/Estrogen-endowed". Not that I mind, but Linda Thorsen had a point about the production team panicking when she showed up with breasts. I can't quite cope with Emma having some!
Last watched: "Build a Better Mousetrap"
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Frankymole wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Dandy Forsdyke wrote:The likeness to Diana Rigg is getting better all the time, but um, where's our Steed? :shock:
On vacation? :wink: Clearly they see Emma as the draw, but his absence is quite noticeable. I like Emma a lot, too, but it is a bit strange to have a book called "Steed and Mrs. Peel" and never see much of Steed on the cover.
If Emma paired up with Tara, I wouldn't complain. But can't they work Purdey in somewhere?

Steed looks fine on http://www.boom-studios.com/the-boom-st ... -0-03.html

and even more so on http://www.boom-studios.com/steed-and-m ... 1-tpb.html though Emma is rather, er, "Testosterone Brigade Favourite/Estrogen-endowed". Not that I mind, but Linda Thorsen had a point about the production team panicking when she showed up with breasts. I can't quite cope with Emma having some!
I like the first cover as well--I framed my copy after I read it. But yes, Emma's been, er, "enhanced" for the comic book market. :wink:

I would love it if they incorporated some of the other characters, but the people behind it didn't sound too encouraging about the prospect. It's set in 1967, which limits their options somewhat--Tara's still in training, Purdey's in the ballet, and Gambit has presumably left the Navy and is having a mildly successful career crashing cars somewhere. :wink: That doesn't rule out Cathy or Dr. Keel, though, but I suspect they want to stick with Emma's because she's got the most recognition value, particularly in the States.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

After having its release schedule messed up by Christmas falling the day before "new comic book day" (i.e., Wednesday), the comic is back this month. Issue #4 will be released this Wednesday, January 23. It looks like it'll be a standalone issue between story arcs.

paulpdjh
Winged Avenger

Post by paulpdjh »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:After having its release schedule messed up by Christmas falling the day before "new comic book day" (i.e., Wednesday), the comic is back this month. Issue #4 will be released this Wednesday, January 23. It looks like it'll be a standalone issue between story arcs.
Thanks for the update. That explains why my copy of issue #4 hasn't arrived yet - I thought it might have got lost in the post!
Paul
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

paulpdjh wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:After having its release schedule messed up by Christmas falling the day before "new comic book day" (i.e., Wednesday), the comic is back this month. Issue #4 will be released this Wednesday, January 23. It looks like it'll be a standalone issue between story arcs.
Thanks for the update. That explains why my copy of issue #4 hasn't arrived yet - I thought it might have got lost in the post!
My pleasure. :) I thought I may have missed it as well, but I'd been watching the weekly lists and seen no sign of it. As a book always released at the end of the month, it really suffered on the timing front. Only a handful of books came out Christmas week, and they would have been delayed, so I suppose they thought it made more sense just to skip a month altogether. I'm hoping the gap hasn't lost it some momentum/readership.

Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

This cover is new to me.

Managed to spot the artist's reference ..

THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:This cover is new to me.
They seem to be uploading them a few issues ahead as they go. You can see the artist reference in a lot of cases--they like sourcing screengrabs. :wink:

I read the latest issue over the weekend, and I thought it was the best one thus far. Someone did a good job of sketching Emma's season 4 flat in the background, and there was a nice little Peter Cushing/Christopher Lee in-joke in there. I still feel the background art looks a bit sparse--they could fill it in a bit. And they're very heavy on the Steed/Emma suggestiveness, more like the radio series that way. Less gore this time, though.

Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:This cover is new to me.

Managed to spot the artist's reference ..

Who needs leather when you can have PVC!
Last watched: "Build a Better Mousetrap"
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Steed And Mrs Peel #4 – A Writer’s Commentary by Caleb Monroe and Yasmin Liang

Spoilers
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
mrs_emma_peel
Winged Avenger

Post by mrs_emma_peel »

Many thanks for posting this excellent image Dandy - the likeness to Diana is extremely good - one of the best I've seen :)
I've got a Steed and Mrs Peel graphic novel book, with Linsner cover-art, on order from Amazon.
Emma
Last edited by mrs_emma_peel on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James/Mrs Emma Peel