The Avengers on Blu-ray in France

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

Lando
Have Fingers... Will Type!

Post by Lando »

Alan wrote:Give it a rest, Frank. Please.
LOL.

Are the Optimum DVD issues serious?
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Lando wrote:
LOL.

Voices on helium, lipsync issues, some extras not working ... yeah pretty bad. Enough for some forum members to snap at each other - I'm referring to Roobarb's by the way. I've had it in the neck for moaning about Optimum too hard, and I know others have too. :roll:

Hi Frankymole! ;)
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Lando

Post by Lando »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
Lando wrote:
LOL.

Voices on helium, lipsync issues, some extras not working ... yeah pretty bad. Enough for some forum members to snap at each other - I'm referring to Roobarb's by the way. I've had it in the neck for moaning about Optimum too hard, and I know others have too. :roll:

Hi Frankymole! ;)
Even more reason to wait for the blu ray versions then...

: )
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
Lando wrote:LOL.

Voices on helium, lipsync issues, some extras not working ... yeah pretty bad.
Plus picture faults and encoding errors... in all there are faults on 4 of the 5 box sets; and worst of all the company is aware of the problems and wants to sell fixed disks but their distributor keeps giving them back faulty sets to sell - the whole situation is going on and on and getting no better. Also some people who have sent their disks back as instructed by the company have not got their replacements, and are getting no response to emails and phone calls after months of waiting.

All it needed was some decent customer service - recall and replace the faulty sets at the retailers, supply replacements to those already stung(not take months to return them), and answer emails.
Last edited by Frankymole on Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last watched: "Build a Better Mousetrap"
Lando

Post by Lando »

Frankymole wrote:
Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
Lando wrote: LOL.

Voices on helium, lipsync issues, some extras not working ... yeah pretty bad.
Plus picture faults and encoding errors... in all there are faults on 4 of the 5 box sets; and worst of all the company is aware of the problems and wants to sell fixed disks but their distributor keeps giving them back faulty sets to sell - the whole situation is going on and on and getting no better. Also some people who have sent their disks back as instructed by the company have not got their replacements, and are getting no response to emails and phone calls after months of waiting.
That's too bade. Hopefully things are figured out for a blu ray release.
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

Blu-rays are more technically complex to produce. It'd be better if a company with a quality control process did them.
Noel
Little Wonder

WHY SHOULD HE

Post by Noel »

CAN I ASK WHY FRANK SHOULD GIVE IT A REST BECAUSE IF HE IS NOT HAPPY WITH THERE WORK ON THE DVDS IS HE NOT ALOUD TO SAY SO AMD IF NOT WHY NOT.
kim
The Ministry

Post by kim »

Let's stay on topic please. There is no reason to fan any sparks into flames.
Keep it friendly.
Every parent has a favorite child. Usually the child belongs to the neighbors.
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

My point is, that Frank has a bee in his bonnet and can't restrain himself from posting the same thing over and over - making a dig at every possible opportunity.

This is something Frank is doing across several forums including this one and it's becoming very tiresome.

I am not trying to suppress that there are problems with the DVDs - they are far from perfect, as is the situation whereby each release bar one has ended up with a replacements programme - and as people know, the technical side of the DVDs is outside my and Jaz's control. I'm as frustrated as anyone - probably more so, as I'd much rather people were talking about our work (but I can understand why they're not).
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

Alan wrote:My point is, that Frank has a bee in his bonnet and can't restrain himself from posting the same thing over and over - making a dig at every possible opportunity.

This is something Frank is doing across several forums including this one and it's becoming very tiresome.
On the contrary - I've suggested a practical solution. A product recall would stop them from still selling faulty sets (which they continue to do) - now they know there are bad problems, it is dishonest to keep selling them from Optimum's own site/shop.

I'm sorry that you don't like me expressing my opinion, but you'll have to live with that - until Optimum do the decent thing and stop selling faulty goods. I've suggested how they can do that. Why not attack the cause, not the symptom?

For several days due to pressure of work I haven't been on one of the massive number (three, including this one) of forums I've mentioned this on. So that should be a blessed oasis from the 4 or 5 times I've mentioned this across 3 forums in several weeks.