Avengers UK Lumiere Videos

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Re: VHS is dead ?

Post by mousemeat »

The Gaslight Ghoul wrote:
mousemeat wrote:
Alan wrote:VHS is dead, so they only have value as items of memorabilia, really, Jaz. I certainly haven't kept them myself.
True, on an mass scale, VHS-Beta is dead. However, I still keep a couple of hi-fi VHS machines up and running...Still have a few tapes that I watch,
along with some local video stuff I shot in the 1990's, stuff like Memphis punk bands, etc..

There are still, a bunch of interesting films, that have never been released on DVD, or Laser disc....but were on VHS...good example would be
sidney Lumet's the OFFENSE, from 1973, with Connery as a cop, who
goes over the edge...

I come across some pretty good stuff at yard sales, from time to time..

but overall, LOVE DVD....however the discs can be quirky at times..
Mousemeat, The Offence is available on region 2 DVD as I have it myself.
Superb film with brilliant performances from Connery and Ian Bannen.

Wow, great news...I'll have to hunt it down on UK Amazon...

Good thing my player plays all regions...

Great film..very dark....Part of Connery's DAF deal, which UA agreed to put out two films of his choice...

UA did very limited release on the film...and did not follow up on Connery's second film..
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

The briefcase box ("firsts") is probably worth something - it came with a brochure-style booklet, didn't it?

However, attics are death for VHS tapes - they rarely survive the alternating heat and cold up there, which leads to the oxide becoming detached on the tape itself, rendering them unplayable.
Last watched: "Build a Better Mousetrap"