Honor Blackman and Diana Rigg together

The place to post and discuss photos from the series and play Avengers games.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Re:

Post by Frankymole »

Allard wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:35 pm I vaguely remember the full picture shows them both holding cigarette's. Nothing wrong with that, but it does stand out nowadays.
Yes, here is the larger one.
cigs.jpg
cigs.jpg (243.17 KiB) Viewed 349 times
Last watched: "Mandrake"
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Re: Honor Blackman and Diana Rigg together

Post by mousemeat »

well...back then , it was acceptable to smoke...especially at public gathering...No one thought much of it..
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

Not that I would endorse smoking, but the bullying of smokers (I am a non-smoker by the way) gets to levels where it irks me. That was my point.
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

Well..I can imagine the feedback..as I came from a home, where both parents, smoked like there was no tomorrow...I never took up 'fags' or
good olde cigarettes ...I do love a fat cuban cigar from time to time...so I'm sorta a 'light' smoker...lol...if such a animal exists..

I don't have a issue with smokers...it's a personal choice...and of course, there's a possible health issues down the line..i.e. shortness of breath,
misc cancers, and other health issues..I have noticed, that many young people are non smokers....good for them..bad for companies that push smoking..and keep in mind, the period up to new Avengers, smoking was considered elegant ....
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Allard wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:23 pm Not that I would endorse smoking, but the bullying of smokers (I am a non-smoker by the way) gets to levels where it irks me. That was my point.
I agree. Live and let live. As an ex-drinker, I can see alcohol going the same way. Let people choose their own poison! It must only be a matter of time before they find some long-term health problem from "vaping".

I watch a lot of 1970s drama and people smoke and drink a lot (real cigarettes as "props" but the booze is probably cold tea!)... it adds to the verisimilitude and is something that people making "retro" drama now, set in the 60s and 70s, that the makers often forget to include, especially smoking, at least in the volumes seen in reality.
Last watched: "Mandrake"
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:10 am
Allard wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:23 pm Not that I would endorse smoking, but the bullying of smokers (I am a non-smoker by the way) gets to levels where it irks me. That was my point.
I agree. Live and let live. As an ex-drinker, I can see alcohol going the same way. Let people choose their own poison! It must only be a matter of time before they find some long-term health problem from "vaping".

I watch a lot of 1970s drama and people smoke and drink a lot (real cigarettes as "props" but the booze is probably cold tea!)... it adds to the verisimilitude and is something that people making "retro" drama now, set in the 60s and 70s, that the makers often forget to include, especially smoking, at least in the volumes seen in reality.
yeah, I've seen some articles, on potential problems from Vaping...and many places here in Memphis, now BAN 'vaping'....go figure.

yup, I concur..choose your poison...